Welcome to St Matthew’s Primary School - Page
Return to School Term 4
Please read the latest newsletter for information about return to school. Yes - we are as excited as you are!
- View the CECG Roadmap here.
- ACT Health has recommended that schools minimise the co-mingling of children during the school day. To this end, having sought Catholic Education’s approval, we are forming cohorts of children to ensure that children mix with a common group of students during class and break times.
- Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 6 return for face-to-face learning on Monday of Week 4 (25 October).
- On campus supervision will continue to be available only for children whose parents are required to work and cannot provide care for their children at the same time. If your child is in Year 3, 4 or 5 and requires supervision in Week 4 because you are an essential worker, please advise our Assistant Principal, Petra Cole (email@example.com). It's important that we know how many students are coming, in order to ensure we have organised spaces and can remain COVID-safe.
- Year 3, 4 and 5 return for face-to-face learning on Monday of Week 5 (1 November).
- We encourage you to drop off and pick up your children at Drive-Through. Mr Pollard and Mrs Cole will be there to help. Remember to be patient as we remember our protocols and get back into a routine.
- Students in Year 3 - 6 may wear masks. Here is some good advice to help you teach your child how to put on, wear and take off a face mask.
- Send your child in full summer uniform, and with a drink bottle.
- Please feel free to call our Front Office if you are unsure about any aspect of the resumption of school.
Congratulations, parents! You have done a wonderful job in most trying circumstances. Thank you for your many kind expressions of support and thanks.